Monday, January 11, 2010

Project 7 - Day 4

Today, I attempted to add a new synth melody over part of my piece, because I need another synth to fit the requirements. However, I kind of failed at it. I wanted a synth sound that sounded good with my piano, but I couldn't make one. I started with a sine wave, but if I made it too similar to my other synth, it blended in too much. If I made it too different, it sounded terrible. I may end up trying to get a cool background noise using a synth like I did in my last piece, rather than use it for the melody. I'll use a different instrument for a melody if I can find one. So, this needs more work. Also, the transitions between the end of my first measure and the beginning of the second sounds awkward, so I'm also trying to fix that. Mr. Rabuse is helping me edit the patterns I got from the riff machine so that they end around the same note. I added in some chimes today, but didn't play the song through enough to see if they work or not. They might need some fixing up, too. Basically, I need to do a lot of fixing things, and I feel like I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do. It doesn't sound terrible right now, but I feel like it's no where near where I would like it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment